Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

I'm writing as 2011 is coming to a close. 29 minutes left. Our year started off in Mexico. Back in January we came with a team from our Church wanting experience in serving in Ministry full time. We had no idea that our trip in January would eventually lead to us moving our family to Mexico to work along side Koenes Ministries and Pastor Rafael.
I'm not sure how to express the "roller coaster" ride it has been. Our year started with a high but also had many lows. Moving forward with the decision to "go" was the biggest act of faith I have ever made and was also the hardest thing I have ever done. I fought the feeling and the desires to be involved in ministry for many years but for whatever reason I could never get the thoughts out of my head. They always haunted me. I'm so glad that God brought me to a point in my life back in 2009 that I recognized that the hauntings would never stop and I'm so glad that He never gave up on me. Even though I fought Him about it and even though I ignored Him for so long He never gave up.
2011 has been the hardest year of my life in many ways. But 2011 has also been the absolute most rewarding. We saw God in action this year! It is such a privilege to be working here, and even though it is difficult to be away from our families, I know without a doubt we have made an impact on many children and families. An impact that will last for eternity.
2012 is almost here. I believe God has awesome things in mind! One of which is the birth of my daughter. I can hardly wait to see how this year unfolds.
God Bless you all in 2012. My prayer for all of you this year is that God will meet you wherever you are at in your spiritual journey and that He will walk with you a ways. I pray that at the end of 2012 you will be changed and I pray that if you don't have a relationship with Christ, that you will.
Happy New Year!
Brian

PS. A special hi to Shayla, Bryer, Joe, Chalice, Coden, and little Hanna. I miss you and Love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment