Monday, September 23, 2013

We have arrived home

Good Evening

We have arrived in San Carlos and the dust is starting to settle. We arrived last Tuesday, September 17th after a long but good drive down to Mexico. We praise The Lord for a safe trip with few head aches, other then Mr Tom Tom taking us on a few detours. I am convinced that my GPS is messed up but my dear wife seems to believe that the problem could actually be me. I am not sure, at times I do think I am loosing it so maybe this is just another sign of things to come.

Thank you all for praying for us. We truly felt your prayers! Our border cross was a head ache but we made it through. Mexico is a unique country. The harder a person tries to do things legitimately the harder it is to get things done. I told myself that this time I was not going to hide anything. I would claim everything properly. After paying 400.00 in taxes + 100.00 in brokerage and still had to cough up 150.00 to bribe the border guards to let me in. Its so frustrating sometimes but i shouldn't complain. We are here and we are safe.

As we turned off the highway into the town of San Carlos we heard a sigh of relief from the back seat. Mason always has some kind of a remark. As he let out his sigh, he spoke for all of us when he said, "home, sweet home." Is is so good to be back in San Carlos and to catch up with all of our friends. It is good to settle into our own home and begin our normal routine again. We are also really excited with how our team is developing. Melissa, Patty and Kendra are awesome to have here with us and it is so exciting to see relationships develop. I am so proud of the team that God has put together. Next week Agustin and his wife Lupita will start working for us. That is also very exciting.

We ask for your prayers. As we have settled the question has come up among us? When are we going to receive children? My plans were to receive 1 or 2 children before Christmas but once again God seems to be moving at a slightly faster pace than I am. We are in preparation for receiving 2 boys in the next week or so. We are so excited. We know these boys and believe they would fit into our small family run shelter well. So please pray for them that God would prepare them for the transition into our care and that everything would go smooth. DIF still needs to iron out some details before they can come so please pray that it will go according to Gods plan.

A sincere thank you to all of you that are following our story and to all of you that are supporting us in prayer as well as financially. You are all equally as involved in the lives of these children as we are. I pray for all our supporters and I thank the Lord that He has taken such good care of us. Please remember us in your prayers as well. We sure need them. Please pray that God would give us unending love, compassion, grace and mercy to the children that come through our door and also pray that God would continue to provide the finances to take care of the ministry as well as us personally.

Much blessings to all of you. Thank you so much for being such an amazing support group. We love you guys a lot.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment