Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What does rain bring?

I have not seen so many crickets and stink bugs as I have here.  It's gross when you think about it.  In the evenings while walking back to the camper, I often hear a crunch from under my feet. lol  We just received word that in Hermosillo has been closing schools because of a cricket epidemic!  It reminds me of one of the plagues in Moses' time.  I can hardly imagine how bad it needs to get in order to cancel school. I know Cole and Mason would love it!!  I guess crickets is one of the things that goes along with rain.  It is so green around us, it doesn't at all look like a desert land.  The mountains are green with plant life, and it's hard to spot the town signs printed on the mountain sides with the lush plant life.  I must say that I am happy for the cows and horses.  Speaking of horses, today was a first for me to see horses grazing on the golf course greens.  I guess that's one way to keep the grass low.  :)

We have been trying to keep a consist schedule so we can accomplish some of our goals this year.  It's going pretty well.  Some days are better than others.  I do find that it's usually my schedule that is thrown out the window when either the boys or Brian's falls behind.  So I am constantly reviewing the schedules to see if I am piling on too much for them.  Or even just re-scheduling it so that it flows better. 

I am sure missing my dear sisters in Christ from back home.  I've been attending a women's Bible study the last couple of weeks, and I just miss you all!!  Even having friendships that are established.  Right now, the only girl that I interact with regularly is Leah. lol  There are just males at the mission center.  Any other females are either in Fatima, and which there is the language that keeps the relationship surface deep.  Then there are the women in San Carlos from church,  and I'm just trying to get to know who is who, and what is what.  Just trying to find good friendship for me.    (Titus 2:3-5)  In time!!  I am sure thankful for great leadership in P.Rich and Karen.  Isn't it awesome when you have a godly couple in your life that lays it out as it is.  No sugar coating nothing.  

There has been some major yard clean up in the last week, and with that we've met some of our "neighbors"!  Although it was short lived for them when we met them.  As some of you would have seen on Brian's facebook account, there was a whip snake and a rather large scorpion.  Apparently the snake whips you with it's tail.  Also the scorpion was the length of my hand.  eeewww!!  They can climb walls!!!  Sorry, they just creep me out.  Then with all this rain, I've been so close to stepping on quarter size toads.  They are kinda cute, and watching them try to eat a moth the size of their own body.  Kinda funny, but just the thought of stepping on one is gross.  Also the fact that they can get to be as big as melon.  They are huge here!  I'm going to try and get pictures and post them.  I've been having trouble with uploading them.  But it'll all be fixed now!!  

God bless you!!!  We miss you and look forward to how God is going to send our way with the church team. :)

Clarissa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have lots of friends there, although not human... :)
    Thanks for the update. Always nice to hear what's going on. Stay safe! You're always in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete